Recent development - Aldi Sherborne Road, Yeovil
This browser does not support the video element.
- Prime 1.75 acre edge of Yeovil town centre site
- Demolition of 51,000 sq.ft of dilapidated car showroom, former tannery buildings and warehouses
- Decontamination of the site including 100s of used hypodermic needles, waste oil barrels, pigeon muck, and anything the previous owner could stuff in the buildings to get rid of.
- Relocation of SSE substation and re-routing supply to housing
- 5,500 m3 excavation and removal of spoil from site
- Disposal of 129 tonnes of contaminated waste
- Removal of 2 x 8,000 gallon under ground petrol tanks
- Provision of 2,500 m3 of surface water attenuation tank and hydrobrakes
- Construction of 200m contiguous piled and concrete re-inforced retaining walls
- Relocation of protected bat roost to purpose built new bat house
- Construction of 17,568 sq.ft A1 Discount Food Store and let to Aldi Stores Ltd and PC'd within 9 months of start on site
- 278 highway works to widen the A30 and form a new right hand turn lane.
- A £157,000 s106 contribution was made to South Somerset District Council towards public realm works relating to "Yeovil Refresh"